SMG Parking Attendant - $10/hr in Cedar Park, Texas
Great opportunity to work in the entertainment industry! The H-E-B Center at Cedar Park delivers fun, family entertainment including sports, concerts and family shows among other events, bringing energy, excitement, and new business to the Cedar Park, Austin and Central Texas area. H-E-B Center is home to the Texas Stars, AHL team of the Dallas Stars, and the Austin Spurs, NBA Development League team of the San Antonio Spurs.
The Parking Attendant directs vehicles to available parking spaces and assists customers with questions within the parking lot. Greet patrons and collects parking fees and/or passes as they enter the parking lot. This position requires the staff to have availability during the weekday evenings, weekends, and holidays. Position will require working in outdoor weather conditions, being exposed to extreme temperatures; inclement weather pay may apply in severe weather conditions. Pay is $10 and hour.
- Direct vehicles to the closest available parking space
- Greet each customer entering the parking facility
- Collect revenues and issue parking tickets to the guest
- Collect parking passes from prepaid guests
- Assist guests with any questions
- Set up/remove traffic cones and barricades to control traffic in assigned area
- Provide excellent customer service, with a positive attitude
- Other duties as assigned and required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
- Prefer 6 months similar experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with cash handling
- Candidates must be able to maintain a guest friendly, quality service attitude at all times
- Willingness to learn new and advanced skills
- Strong customer service experience, with the aptitude to quickly resolve issues
- Must be able to communicate important information efficiently in person and/or radio to his/her supervisor
- Must be able to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment
- Must have great communication skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Must have a professional demeanor and attitude
- Proven ability to attend to details
- Must be able to adapt to inclement weather
- Employees must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Position requires a compliant background and credit check
- Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Position requires to talk and hear, use hands to reach and handle tickets, money and receipts
- Position also requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud
- Position is exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Position requires working near moving vehicles
- Position will require working in outdoor weather conditions, being exposed to extreme temperatures; inclement weather pay may apply in severe weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach hands and arms, ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and ability to respond immediately during normal business hours.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled