HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapist RRT PRN in Bradenton, Florida
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Respiratory Department. Submit your application today!
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Respiratory Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Experience a higher standard of care at Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time "100 Top Hospital" and a "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital" by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too.
Under general supervision, the RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) will perform all respiratory care related duties. Set up and administer all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patients of all ages. Responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation. Respiratory Therapists are expected to be self-directed in the absence of the full-time Team Leader. Maintain all department and hospital records and enter accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as given.
- Current Florida Registered Respiratory Therapist licensure.
- American Heart Association BLS health care provider required. ACLS , PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire.
- Graduate of Respiratory Care program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- *HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
EEOC We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Respiratory Therapist RRT PRN
Location: Florida-Bradenton-Blake Medical Center - Bradenton
Requisition ID: 00309-11180