SMG Bartender in Albuquerque, New Mexico
This position is responsible for providing -highquality customer service during all events, to achieve customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
- Sets up and services individual beverage locations.
- Properly handle cash.
- Enforce all liquor laws.
- Verify and account for all liquor inventory.
- Maintain proper sanitation of work area.
- Follow proper safety practices in the work area.
- Provide pleasant and efficient service to customers.
- Reports to F&B Personnel in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Prepares all beverage items for sale in the station/
- Sells to customers, charging amount indicated on SMG price list.
- Receives and handles cash and/or tickets.
- Accurately verifies all cash and liquor inventory with supervisor.
- Verifies cash register is programmed properly, according to SMG approved sales prices.
- Follows Bar Procedures described on the following page.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Food Service Manager.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to take directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must be able to stand walk for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to carry and lift, according to industry standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Must have basic working knowledge of bar operation.
Must have the ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
Skills and Abilities
Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled